Here’s your chance to get a free design solution from Henhouse’s designer Sappho Griffin! Starting this month, we will run a quarterly Ask Our Designer feature here on the blog. All of our readers will have the chance to participate, and one reader will be chosen to receive a free custom design solution for one room in their home, a $500 value!
One of our goals in the coming months is to broaden our online reach and grow our client base. By participating in our Ask Our Designer feature you will be helping us reach that goal! To thank you for helping us, you get the chance to receive a complete design plan from henhouse.
The design plan includes everything you need to redecorate:
• A floor plan/ layout
• A mood board
• A complete shopping list including what to buy and where to get it (lighting, furniture, accessories, and possibly fabrics)
• Colour palette selection
How to Participate
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about the one room in your house that’s making you crazy! Please note that kitchens and baths are not applicable. The deadline to submit is November 13th.
Here’s what we need from you:
• Send us FIVE e-mail addresses of friends or family who would be interested in learning more about Henhouse.
• Tell us how you would like the room to be used, your personal style, colour preferences, likes and dislikes, any existing furniture or decor items that you want to keep.
• If you have inspiration photos, or certain online shops that represent your style please send! Some of our favourites include Attica, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, West Elm, Wayfair, & Ikea
• Room dimensions, include height, width, depth and any curves nooks or crannies.
• A few photos of the space
• A rough idea of your budget
• A phone number where you can be reached during the day
To help your chances of being selected for our feature, please be sure to send along all of the above info, and make sure your photos are as clear and in focus as possible. In order to create a custom design we need a pretty clear idea of your space! Here’s a few tips:
• Stand back and get as much of the room in the shots as possible
• Take your photos in natural daylight for the best results
• Clear away any clutter so that we can see your existing furniture and decor, and don’t include people or pets
• Avoid pointing the camera lens directly at windows – the light will overtake the photo and make the interior look very dark. Try angling slightly away from windows to focus on the interior.
You have one week to get your e-mail to us! The lucky participant may be contacted during the day for any extra details we might need to complete their custom design. The design plan will be featured on the blog on November 20th!