This RED HOT linen armoire was carefully designed by selecting elements from our standard south store collection to suit this customers lifestyle. made out of pine with a hand painted pagoda red antique finish.
This is the latest refinishing project to come out of the henhouse nest. A local designer had his client’s family piece refinished to use as a vanity in their fabulous new bathroom. The drawers were completely rebuilt to accommodate the plumbing, with nice new compartments for storage. We stripped off the original paint right down to the wood and then layered on some new colour and stain to make the finish really juicy. We then did a crackle finish to make this antique dresser look as though this was the original finish. Pretty nifty huh?! Hardware outfitted by Lee Valley.
Another exciting and dreamy project from the South Shore series! After being asked to create a custom floor in one of the bedrooms, once again we looked to the sea for inspiration. Drawing from previously used paint colours in the home, we designed a pattern based loosely around a compass rose and then went to town on the floor! Layer after layer of distressing, paint and glaze resulted in this breathtaking and unique floor feature, yet another stunning component to this elegant seaside home.
When you live right on the ocean, chances are good that your home will somehow reflect the essence of the sea. From your colour palette to choices in decor, an ocean residing home is truly cause for inspiration. This particular home is beyond beautiful, with views of rolling waves, lush sea life and plenty of smooth gray rocks and boulders. From every location inside the home one can admire the Atlantic ocean through large windows. The interior (and exterior) decor chosen by the homeowners also radiate and reflect the seaside location. Practically every nook and cranny of this home is filled with delightful sea side treasures, like old buoys and lobster traps.
In the end we opted to use three separate paint colours, creating a faux finish which emulated the hues found in drift wood. By blending and layering the colours we were able to capture the tones of driftwood and by finishing the unit in a blend of neutral colours we found that all of the colourful decor pieces, such as the the boat coffee table, really popped and were now showcased perfectly. The task was a success!